Online poker is enjoyable entertainment used by millions of people throughout the world. Most people enjoy this form of entertainment but a small percentage of people are unable to control their online gambling and it starts to control their lives. Directory of Online Poker hope the following advice will help you enjoy your time playing poker online.
- Consider online gambling as fun and entertaining, not a way to making money.
- Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.
- Make notes to record the amount of money that you spend on gambling.
- Avoid trying to makeup for a previous loss.
- Use the self exclusion features wherever possible, where available these are mentioned in our reviews.
- Do not gamble under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- Know your limits, stick to them.
If you feel that you have a problem with gambling, ask yourself the following questions. These questions are provided by Gambler’s Anonymous to help the individual decide if he or she is a compulsive gambler and wants to stop gambling.
- Did you ever lose time from work or college due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.
There are a number of different ways to avoid allowing people under the legal age limit to gamble online. Directory of Online Poker encourages the following:
- Prevent minors gaining access to your login.
- Do not leave your computer unattended when logged in.
- Logout of your account when you leave your computer.